Posted on November 1, 2015
Jumping a little ahead in time, New York was the last stop in our holiday. By this time, we’d roasted ourselves in the Californian desert and breathed in the pine-scented air of the Oregon forests, and now found ourselves on the other side of this vast country pounding concrete, dodging yellow taxis, and weaving through the busy streams of people.
We decided this time round to stay in Brooklyn in a sweet apartment in Williamsburg, a great decision as it took us away from the Manhattan bustle and into the smaller and (slightly) less trodden streets where it’s more about being effortlessly cool than the incessantly bright lights and flashy Broadway smile. Relaxed chic is the brand, and places selling vintage threads to boutique cheese ooze out of every nook and cranny.
Brooklyn is the Solange to Manhattan’s Beyonce, and no offence to the Beycrew but I know who I’d rather hang with.
Posted on September 4, 2014
Posted on June 4, 2014
Make way for crisp nights that make the tip of your nose cold.
The crunch of dry leaves underfoot.
Snuggling under the doona on a rainy Saturday morning not to resurface for many a deliciously warm moment.
An open fire.
An excuse to wear a ridiculous beanie with an even more ridiculously large pompom.
Wrapping cold fingers around a massive mug of my finest English Breakfast tea.
Posted on May 23, 2014
A groovy cactus print.
A pick-me-up coffee at a new found hotspot.
A toasty vintage coat picked up for a bargain that comes with authentic old lady smell. (Need to sort that one out)
These are a few of my favourite things.
Posted on January 13, 2014
This was one of those outfits that I “put together” in my head whilst packing my bags for Melbourne. I’m one of those people who just can’t achieve anything unless there’s an element of stress involved. Which means I lie around the bedroom, bemoaning my lack of clothing choices for hours on end, procrastinating by trying on completely bizarre and impractical outfits, only to then madly throw random pieces of clothing at my open suitcase because I’m about to miss the plane.
Let me know what you think, but did I go a bit “cray cray” with this outfit? I was sitting having breakfast in Drugstore Espresso on Toorak Rd when I realised that I looked a tad like a little pink and yellow confection.
Posted on November 26, 2013
Wearing – Karen Walker boat pant and sunglasses (in black), Gorman top, Funkis clogs, Freckle & co necklace, Naomi Murrell white resin and rose gold ring, Alister Yiap hexagon ring and bangle, vintage handbag
As awesome as these sunnies are, I sadly don’t get to wear them all that often! I suppose they are a little OTT for work, and since I work 71.4% of the week that only leaves me 28.6% of my week left to flaunt them! I finished work a tad bit early last Wednesday arvo and was clearly a bit bored whilst waiting for Jinn to get home, hence the raiding of the wardrobe which led to this outfit post. We only ended up moseying down the road to grab burgers but hey…a girl’s gotta have a bit of fun sometimes, no?
Posted on October 25, 2013
The Twilight Hawkers Markets are back, heralding the start of warm-weather good times in Perth. Every Friday night, a multitude of different food stalls harking from many international cuisines descends on Forrest Place in the city ready to feed the masses.
It’s a great option if you’re looking for something different to eat before a night out in Northbridge, or even whilst you browse shops in Perth city. We sampled the South American pupusas, corn tortillas with a light fluffy texture, stuffed with cheese, refried beans and pork (yummo!) and I could not walk past the Vietnamese stall without ordering a banh mi, a crusty bread roll filled with pork belly, fresh coriander, slices of cucumber and carrot, and some crazy magic sauce that makes you feel like you could eat a hundred more banh mis! A lime coconut icy pole from La Paleta ended the night’s grazing most perfectly!
I’m making a beeline for that bratwurst next time! (Hmm, that came out sounding weird…) But, for serious, I’m definitely going to be back! If you go, will you save a spot in that eternally long Argentinian Barbecue line for me?
Twilight Hawkers Markets / Forrest Place, Perth City / Every Friday from 5pm to 9pm until end of April 2014