Posted on April 12, 2013
A gorgeously colourful ensemble picked out by Monique Ceccato from Little Miss Mon Bon graces our blog this week! Monique is a fellow Perthite who has a keen eye for all things fashionable and quirky, and never shies away from a bright colour or loud print – I love it! In a world full of uniformly black-clad people we need more Mon Bons!
Be sure to check out her blog!
It’s been a lot of fun getting to see inside the brains of some of Perth’s creatives/bloggers/fashionistas each week. I love seeing how different people express themselves, it says so much to me about their inner personalities and it’s altogether fascinating. I hope you’re liking them too!
Posted on March 22, 2013
This bright and cheerful birthday ensemble is brought to you by Rachel, the creative mind and set of nimble fingers behind Freckle & co. Based in Perth, she lovingly makes unique pieces of jewellery that reflect her roots in sewing and needlework. Brightly coloured tassels handcrafted from embroidery thread, snippets of Liberty of London fabrics, these textiles are used in creative new and, most importantly, wearable ways. Do visit her etsy store to see for yourself!
As a bonus for our lovely readers, enter SILVERLINING15 at the checkout to get a 15% discount at Freckle & co until the 30th of April.
1. La Petite Fest paper garland, 2. Gorman dress, 3. Chanel lipstick, 4. L. K. Bennett/Caroline Issa heels (OMG those shoes! Those pompoms!), 5. MoMA double rainbow maker, 6. Kate Spade clutch, 7. Benu Shop necklace
Posted on January 8, 2013
Say hello to my brand new glitzy and sparkly Super Duper Strength sunglasses by Karen Walker! Ever since I got them for Christmas from my wonderful family (chosen by my oh-so-clever husband) I’ve been concocting all sorts of outfits in an attempt to incorporate these sweet sunnies into my everyday wear (do you think they’d be OTT to wear to Woolies?). Geez, I sometimes even open their box just to sit and stare at them for a bit whilst getting hypnotised by the fine gold details and the little tiny faces you can find if you look hard enough…Obsessed much?
Also debuting here today is my tiny gelato-coloured tassel bracelet, lovingly created by Rachel (my very talented and gorgeous sis-in-law!) who has her very own Etsy shop here! Each one of those perfect tassels has been artfully and meticulously created by her very hands, so you can be assured that each piece of jewellery comes with so much love attached!
***What I’m wearing – navy blue jumpsuit by Gorman, embroidered tan leather belt also by Gorman (similar), brown leather sandals by Jeffrey Campbell (some other JC lovelies!), Super Duper Strength sunglasses in gold by Karen Walker eyewear, black triangle earrings by Scrumptious (similar), pastel tassel bracelet by Freckle and Co, vintage tooled leather handbag from Bluebird Vintage (too cute!)
Posted on December 21, 2012
The week before Christmas is always a tad “cray cray” (cue pumping Jay-Z and Kanye music). This year’s been a bit different as I’ve been working pretty much every single weekend this month, causing me to miss out on all the usual pre-holiday shopping rush, which means I’ve not even seen a single department store Christmas display (bristling with armies of Santas, Rudolphs and Frosties) or heard any carols on loop! (Silver bells…Silver beeeells…!) So it’s crept up on me really suddenly!
1. Baking cupcakes (Unsuccessfully trying to do the “pro” looking icing on top. Any tips?).
2. Jinn’s new Creepy t-shirt from Ruck Rover. I bought this for his Christmas present but he clearly couldn’t wait a few more days!
3. Yet another obsession (What. Aside from vintage cameras, cacti, bow ties, coffee and things with chevrons on them?) – vinyl records. Newly acquired by Jinn, clockwise from top left: The Beatles – Hey Jude, Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend, Kimbra – Vows, The Fugees – The Score.
5. An early Christmas present/belated birthday present from a girlfriend! Apparently it’ll grow into a miniature garden if you place it on a windowsill and water it ever so often! Check out Postcarden here.
6. Rach and Nat – artistic flair at its best.
7. Gabrielle (I like to call her Yo Gabba Gabba, but no one else knows that yet. Do you think it’ll catch on?) – She’s growing so fast!
8. Schnooks relaxing after a long day of…relaxing.
Posted on November 16, 2012