Posted on April 2, 2013
A quick and objective-filled weekend back in Perth. What were my objectives? Find myself an outfit worthy of my 30th birthday celebration, eat some of Mumsy’s finest home-cooked specialties, and stuff myself silly with dim sum. Tick, tick and tick!
1. My David Austen roses thriving in Jinn’s care.
2. A highly successful day at Black Beret in Mount Lawley. Not one but TWO Rachel Gilbert dresses are now in my possession! (Stay tuned for an outfit post from the day!)
3, 4, 5. Heading out for dinner on Saturday night. Not at the newly opened Jamie’s Italian though! We thought we might try our luck for a sneaky post-dinner dessert, but there were people still queuing for dinner at 9:00pm!
6, 7. Trying out the highly popular Taiwanese dessert place in Northbridge, Meet Fresh. So Asian. So good.
8, 9. My furbaby.
10, 11. Chilling with records and tea.
12, 13. Easter Monday breakfast at ours with a sleepy Gabs.
Posted on December 21, 2012
The week before Christmas is always a tad “cray cray” (cue pumping Jay-Z and Kanye music). This year’s been a bit different as I’ve been working pretty much every single weekend this month, causing me to miss out on all the usual pre-holiday shopping rush, which means I’ve not even seen a single department store Christmas display (bristling with armies of Santas, Rudolphs and Frosties) or heard any carols on loop! (Silver bells…Silver beeeells…!) So it’s crept up on me really suddenly!
1. Baking cupcakes (Unsuccessfully trying to do the “pro” looking icing on top. Any tips?).
2. Jinn’s new Creepy t-shirt from Ruck Rover. I bought this for his Christmas present but he clearly couldn’t wait a few more days!
3. Yet another obsession (What. Aside from vintage cameras, cacti, bow ties, coffee and things with chevrons on them?) – vinyl records. Newly acquired by Jinn, clockwise from top left: The Beatles – Hey Jude, Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend, Kimbra – Vows, The Fugees – The Score.
5. An early Christmas present/belated birthday present from a girlfriend! Apparently it’ll grow into a miniature garden if you place it on a windowsill and water it ever so often! Check out Postcarden here.
6. Rach and Nat – artistic flair at its best.
7. Gabrielle (I like to call her Yo Gabba Gabba, but no one else knows that yet. Do you think it’ll catch on?) – She’s growing so fast!
8. Schnooks relaxing after a long day of…relaxing.