Posted on April 2, 2013
A quick and objective-filled weekend back in Perth. What were my objectives? Find myself an outfit worthy of my 30th birthday celebration, eat some of Mumsy’s finest home-cooked specialties, and stuff myself silly with dim sum. Tick, tick and tick!
1. My David Austen roses thriving in Jinn’s care.
2. A highly successful day at Black Beret in Mount Lawley. Not one but TWO Rachel Gilbert dresses are now in my possession! (Stay tuned for an outfit post from the day!)
3, 4, 5. Heading out for dinner on Saturday night. Not at the newly opened Jamie’s Italian though! We thought we might try our luck for a sneaky post-dinner dessert, but there were people still queuing for dinner at 9:00pm!
6, 7. Trying out the highly popular Taiwanese dessert place in Northbridge, Meet Fresh. So Asian. So good.
8, 9. My furbaby.
10, 11. Chilling with records and tea.
12, 13. Easter Monday breakfast at ours with a sleepy Gabs.
Posted on December 7, 2012
If last week has hectic, this week has been just as crazy in the aftermath of last weekend’s wedding festivities. Things haven’t exactly quietened down, what with all thirty or so relatives from abroad (aged 7 to 83) descending upon our cosy little abode for dinner one night! However, we have had time to smell the proverbial and not-so-proverbial roses as well as gorge ourselves on the best fruit that summer has to offer…Can’t complain!
1. Beautiful blooms at Jinn’s parents’ house…just in time for the wedding!
2. Roses and pompoms make the perfect combination in their backyard.
3 & 4. The bean bushes have certainly been amongst the most successful of our vegie plants!
5. A rare moment of quiet to myself. Calm before the storm I tell ya…
6 & 7. One of the reasons I love summer…And no these did not come from our garden – but hopefully someday they will! (Chance of this happening? Around 2%…)
Have a lovely weekend everyone! Be good! Anyone done their Christmas shopping yet?