Posted on January 11, 2013
Well, first and foremost – happy weekend! Hope you all have fab plans now that you no longer have to peel yourself off the car seat/pavement/any surface you found yourself on during the 40 plus degree heat wave.
Secondly, I’m moving to Broome for six months starting this February! Work is sending me there and sadly I’ll be going alone as Jinn has to stay in Perth, also for work reasons (Curse you, work gods!). But on the up side, how beautiful is Broome? I’ll also be given the fantastic opportunity to travel to other areas including Derby, Kununurra, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, and places I haven’t even heard of! So aside from being apart from my family and friends for a bit, I’m really excited to heading up there. (For those of you not familiar with Western Australia, Broome is 3000 kilometres north of Perth [here’s a map!] and sits right near the top of the state and is surrounded by some pretty sweet coastlines.)
As a result of the impending move there’ll be a bit of a lull while I pack, unpack, adjust and settle in but I hope to continue blogging from my new base.
And thirdly! (Yes, there’s more…) We’ll be updating the look of our little site. Well, when I say “we” I mean Jinn. Jinn’s whiz-bang talent and natural eye for graphic design never fails to amaze me, and I hope you love the fresh look too. 🙂
***Photo courtesy of Gary Hayes.
Posted on November 30, 2012
1. We had a great time catching up with friends on Saturday at a barbeque at South Perth foreshore. Not only was the company excellent, but the view of Perth from over the river is spectacular. (Happy birthday Manal!)
2. Our nephew Nathanael gave Jinn some of his highly treasured Kung Fu Panda sticky plasters as a present for his birthday. And Jinn needed them – heartfelt and practical!
3. Some behind-the-scenes pics from the photoshoot with Steven.
4. Schnooks was intrigued.
5. We had a one month ‘birthday’ party for our new niece Gabrielle. Proud Grandmumsy + bub.
6. Jinn and Nathanael up to the usual guff. They’re roughly the same mental age.
7. The beautiful one month old Gabrielle!
8. Happy Weekend! We have a huge wedding bonanza of a weekend coming up with Jinn’s sister getting hitched. There are almost 30 people descending upon the Teh family home from Malaysia – lots of celebrations, ceremonies, shenanigans and bad dancing in store for us. (Did I just hear you say “Oppa Gangnam style!”?)