Posted on March 21, 2014
So after a few chilly nights where the doona came out last week, I thought this was it! Autumn was here to stay. But no, it doesn’t seem like Summer’s ready to loosen its grips on us just yet and those fluffy coats I purchased online a week ago have to sadly remain in the spare cupboard a little while longer…Darn it…
But here’s a quick and ridiculously easy iced tea recipe that I made on the weekend. It highlights Earl Grey’s naturally citrusy tones with the addition of an orange, peel and juice!
Here’s how to…
- 1/4 cup loose Earl Grey tea or 12 Earl Grey tea bags (I used French Earl Grey from T2)
- 1 orange
- 1L boiling water
- 1L cold water and lots of ice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Peel the orange so the rind comes off in one long strand (I did this with a knife). Reserve the rind.
- Juice the orange and set aside.
- Steep tea in your boiling water and add orange rind. Leave for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea and rind.
- Stir in the juice and sugar, mixing to ensure all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cold water.
- Top up with heaps of ice if you wish to serve it now. Otherwise chuck it in the fridge and enjoy it later!