Posted on April 23, 2013
As you can see we’ve been tearing around London like lunatics trying to soak in all the sights and eat as many pastries as possible, all whilst resisting the urge to curl up into a small but very warm ball, especially when some nights have been just one little degree Celsius! And remember I’ve been basking (sweating) in 35 degree Broome weather up til now! Jinn organised a sneaky birthday surprise for me and reserved us a room at the luxurious Langham Hotel which was just beautiful and also dangerously close to all the shopping on Oxford St. He knows me too well…
There will be many many more posts to come, I promise. But whilst there are that many things to see and numerous cupcakes to eat plus a wedding in France this Saturday (eek! So soon!), I’m afraid the posts will be a little sporadic. That, and I may possibly lose a finger or two if it gets any colder!
Ciao for now 🙂
1, 2, 3. Being spoilt by Jinn at The Langham.
4. Watching Matilda at Covent Garden.
5. At The Victoria & Albert Museum for the David Bowie exhibition – it was phenomenal.
6, 7. Paying Heston a visit…Meat fruit!
8. Strolling through Hyde Park (and attempting to burn off that meat fruit :P)
9, 10. View of the Shard and from the Shard.
11, 12, 13, 14. The Borough food markets which we just happened to stumble across near the base of the Shard.
15, 16, 17, 18. Being a bit touristy.
19. Lichtenstein at Tate Modern.
20. What I did whilst Jinn waited in line at Record Store Day. Ate (and delivered) cupcakes!
21, 22, 23. More wandering.
24. Reliving our past with a quick zip through Edinburgh. (We were last here seven years ago for a month as medical students!)