Posted on January 30, 2013
Just when we thought there couldn’t be anymore markets or festivals, On William and Fringe World decide to outdo everyone! I was meant to be packing for Broome (which still hasn’t yet been done) but once again I abandoned common sense and gave in to the irresistible draw of the Laneway Night Markets. The On William team have done it again, transforming Hook and Lock Lanes in Northbridge into an amazing hub of activity, food, art and general market-y goodness. We ended up doing a couple of laps of the stalls as we kept bumping into people we knew and chatting. It’s kind of only lately dawned on me that I won’t be seeing a lot of these people for a while so I think I’m subconsciously squeezing in all the future missed conversations and catch-ups into this one tiny concentrated week. I of course did not leave empty-handed, one of my favourite purchases being this awesome handmade oversized felt badge delicately stitched by oh, hello. Check out her Etsy store, it’s pretty amaze!
***For those interested…
1. Fringe World on the big screen!
2. Hand painting prints that are fresh off the press – Shiritori Press
3. Brenton See finishing off a work that will be finding its home at Captain of the Ship on William St
4. Cute goodness from Enid Twiglet
7. Retro chic from Pixel Closet
8. My new badge from Oh Hello