Posted on January 14, 2013
With the advent of the new year, there is no better time to spruce up a tired looking wall. We experienced a considerable influx into our mini (but growing!) collection of art and prints during our quest to visit as many museums and flea markets as we could on our trip to New York last year. We bought so many, we still haven’t gotten around to framing them all!
When you’ve got so much to choose from, it’s always best to make a “draft” and lay everything out on the floor first so you can get an idea of what it’s going to look like on the wall. We chose a collection of bits and pieces picked up along our travels (spot our Oh! My God! I Miss You! print by Nara from MoMA, or our Kabuki-style man from Kyoto for example), some art prints from our favourites Outre Gallery and Society6, as well as a bunch of photos that are precious to us. Personalise your wall – each one of the pieces up there has a special meaning attached to it.
Another handy tip is we use Command 3M picture hanging strips (from Bunnings!) so you don’t have the mess, hassle or permanency that happens when you hammer a nail into the wall! Perfect for renters, plus also good if you stuff up! Just pull it off and start again!
Posted on January 11, 2013
This summer I just can’t get enough of these neon pops of colour. You can wear them in combinations especially in mix-and-match prints, or just add some pizzazz to a monochromatic outfit (neon yellow looks red hot with black and white!). I’m loving these colours on lips and nails at the moment, and here are a few ways you can add neon to your wardrobe and home.
***1. Preen neon chartreuse lace dress, 2. Bianca Green print, 3. Ettika neon wrap bracelet, 4. Nicka watermelon wood necklace, 5. Mimco spliced leather bag, 6. CoastalMoss rhinoceros planter, 7. Mimco nail polish here and here
Posted on November 23, 2012
Just some random pics of the stuff that’s been going down this week.
1. Adding to our polaroid/instax wall
2. Trying to eat healthy – it’s mango season!
3. Decorating our house – prints from here and here, LOVE statue from MoMA store (no longer available!), vintage Polaroid camera from ebay
4. Lime tree baby in our garden
5. Happy bee-day Jinn! Crazy birthday candle for Jinn’s birthday from NYC that “flowered” into a mini firework and then spun around and played “Happy birthday” – nonstop. Until we destroyed it.
6. Mr Fleabag (now deflea-ed and glowing resplendently in the sun)